If we do not have any current opportunities that match your skills or experience, don’t worry, we still want to hear from you!
ABP is a business focused on growth and development – we are forward thinking in our approach and there will always be opportunities in the future which may be a perfect match for your talent, skills and capabilities.
If you are passionate about your career and joining our team, please send us your CV and a covering letter which we will hold on our talent bank for up to six months. Contact us here to send us your CV.
If an exciting opportunity becomes available during this time, which is a perfect match to your skills and experience, we will contact you for an update on whether you are still looking for your next opportunity.
We are always delighted to hear from talented individuals, particularly with skills in the following areas:
· Electro-mechanical assemblers
· Prototype wire persons (MoD wiring experience highly desirable)
· Test technicians
Electronic hardware (digital, microprocessor and analogue disciplines)
Typical skills required include:
- Knowledge of motor control, drive, bus, RF and embedded microcontroller systems
- Analogue signal processing
- Machine control system electrical design
- PLC integration and programming
- Understanding of principles of designing for EMC compatibility and other legislative standards
- Ability to work within a structured ISO9001 environment
- Familiarity with UK Ministry of Defence working procedures
- Capacity to produce structured project documentation
Mechanical Engineering, 3D CAD Designers
Typical required knowledge spans:
- Solid Edge and AutoCAD
- Overall system and detail design
- Transmission and drive systems
- Material selection and cost-effective design
- Sheet metal fabrications
- Turned and milled components
- Casting and moulding design
- RoHS and WEEE requirements
- Design Documentation to BS 8888-2004
- Ministry of Defence standards
Typically requires experience in the following areas:
- Real time embedded systems using C
- Data communications including CAN, RS485 and Ethernet
- Low level interfaces such as SPI and I2C
- Development of high level MS Windows applications using C++ and C#
- Knowledge of Winsock and networking principles
- Working within a structured ISO 9001/TickIT environment
- Documentation and testing using formal methods
- PLC programming
APM or Prince2 qualified Project Managers.
Typical skills required:
- Production and maintenance of project documentation from proposal through design specification, reporting, testing, legislation compliance etc.
- Project program planning and control using software tools such as Microsoft Project
- Cost management and control
- Monitor and control project technical aspects
- Risk identification and management
- Customer/Supplier liaison and control